MOU between Jamia Hamdard (Deemed University), New Delhi and Institute of Management Ghaziabad has been signed. The MOU aimed to develop academic links under the principles of mutual understanding, common interest and mutually complementary.
Research Students/Scientists/Staff working in IMS may be enrolled for Ph.D programme of Jamia Hamdard in any discipline (department) as per University guidelines For this purpose, faculty/supervisors/co-supervisors of IMS Ghaziabad (through its director) may individually submit proposal for research.
Rules of Jamia Hamdard in force time to time will applicable to all applications of IMS Ghaziabad for the Ph.D admission facilities.
Ph. D Programme
Eligibility for Ph.D Programme
1. Secured minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade at Master's level or equivalent in the relevant subject or an allied subject recognized by the University.
2. Qualified NET-JRF/NET-LS or an equivalent National level test conducted by Government agencies such as UGC/CSIR/DST etc. The first preference shall be given to candidates having valid fellowship (NET-JRF of UGC, CSIR or any other Government Agency award through entrance test.
3. Recipient of any of the under mentioned fellowship shall also be eligible for Ph.D
- INSPIRE fellowship of DST to first rank holders who have obtained PG degree from A grade accreditation University/Institute.
- Women Scientist Scheme (WOS=A of DST
- Jawaharlal Nehru Fellowship for Doctoral Studies
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority community, UGC
- Lady Tata Memorial Trust Fellowship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC students for pursuing PH.D
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (RGNF) for students with disabilities for pursuing Ph.D
- or any other national fellowship which is considered equivalent to above categories of fellowship by the University/IMS.
4. 25% of seats in any discipline in which Jamia Hamdard & IMS Awards Ph.D can be filled by an entrance test, the Research Aptitude Test (RAT), conducted by Jamia Hamdard and IMS Ghaziabad.
5. All students fulfilling the minimum eligibility conditions and desirous of getting admission in any of the Ph.D programs of Jamia Hamdard & IMS, will be required to appear in an interview conducted by Jamia Hamdard University.and IMS, Ghaziabad.
6. Based on the recommendation of the interview board, admission will be offered to such candidates after approval of the competent Authority.
The candidates belonging to the following categories shall also be exempted from NET-JRF / NET-LS. Such candidates may opt for Entrance Test, if applicable or may opt for Research Aptitude Test for admission to PhD programme.
- Teachers and staff of Jamia Hamdard who have been granted official permission to pursue PhD course.
- Teachers from other institutes/ universities who have been awarded UGC/AICTE teachers’ fellowship for PhD / higher studies and have been / shall be granted study leave from their parent organizations for at least two years.
- - Staff of institutes/organizations with which Jamia Hamdard signed MoU for PhD programme having minimum of 3 years’ experience in the institute / organization and have been officially sponsored by such institutes /organizations. However, it will not apply to research scholars from such institutes and their admission will be governed as per the system detailed above.
- Research staff of projects who have continuously worked for one year under project and have published at least one paper as first author in a peer-reviewed journal and secured SRF from any Government agency independently for self. All SRFs directly selected by any Government Research Funding agencies shall be eligible for admission to PhD as per the Jamia Hamdard norms for non-NET candidates.
- Interview shall be conducted and a percentage of marks shall be allocated to interview/interaction session for all categories of candidates seeking admission to Ph.D programme.
- Entrance Test/Interview wherever applicable will be conducted by Jamia Hamdard.
and IMS Ghaziabad.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for Interview.
- The list of selected candidates as per university norms will be notified for provisional admission to PhD course.
- The research topic and supervisors will be recommended by the Doctoral Committee (DC) of the concerned Department and registration will be granted by the Board of Research Studies (BRS) of the concerned Faculty.
- A student may select a supervisor depending upon the topic of his/her studies in consultation with the prospective supervisor(s) to be approved by DC / BRS.
- Once the recommendations of the BRS are approved by the Competent Authority, the admission will be duly notified by the University/Registrar/IMS. However, final registration to PhD Programme shall be considered only after successful completion of course work.
- The structure of course work shall be as follow:
- There shall be a compulsory Research methodology paper.
- A student shall be required to elect two elective papers, one of which may be from another Faculty. A PhD scholar in Management may opt for case study, industrial practices and live projects as one of the elective papers, subject to approval by the Doctoral Committee. As already mentioned, scholar will have option to select one paper from a cross-disciplinary subject (from other Faculty).
- Foreign students meeting minimum eligibility criteria may have to qualify an online test (for Aptitude for the subject and English Proficiency) before they are accepted for Ph.D. programme. However, candidates who have obtained PG degree from Jamia Hamdard shall be exempted from such test. Applications of foreign national to PhD in JH shall be accepted by the Dean of the concerned faculty through Foreign Students Adviser. The Dean shall process the application for further necessary action by the Advisor Research and approval of the competent authority and issue a provisional admission letter.
- Foreign nationals including diplomats will be required to obtain ‘Research Visa’ to pursue Ph.D.programme.
- All other guidelines for registration process remain same and shall be applicable to foreign national
Notification for admission to Ph.D Programme is proposed in the month of May/June and the Entrance test wherever is applicable shall be conducted sometime in the month of July- August.