Associate Professor &Area Chairperson
Human Resource Management
Dr. Lata Bajpai Singh Associate Professor OB/HR completed her PhD in commerce, MBA HR and UGC NET (JRF) qualified. She is certified Psychometric Testing Professional and Internationally certified NLP practitioner. She possesses 15 years of experience including 13 years of experience in academics and 02 years of experience from World Bank Project. She has been actively involved in organizing FDP/ MDP’s and delivering sessions during Management Development Programs on behavioral issues such as ‘Self awareness & Effectiveness, Managing Teams, Handling Interpersonal relationships, Conflict Management, Appreciative Leadership, Time Management, building ownership among all and many more. She has delivered training sessions for the employees of L&T, Kalindee Rail Nirman Pvt. Ltd., Women Police Officers, Biltech Building Elements Ltd., Consolidated Coin Company Pvt Ltd. Century Metals, Goodyear, India, L.R. Foods, Star Wires, Avery India, Bafna Healthcare Pvt. Ltd., Supreme plastic industries and Tecumseh Products India Pvt Ltd. She is an avid researcher and till date she has 40 research papers including publications in international journals, peer reviewed national journals, international conference proceedings and case studies etc. Apart from it she has an edited book entitled as “Case study in management: Creating and sustaining Business” by wisdom publication to her credit. She has undertaken various consultancy assignments including Diagnostic study, Study of Organizational Climate of a company from Adventz Group, SWOT analysis, Feasibility analysis, and attitude measurement etc. Her areas of interest are Talent management, Employee Engagement and she deals with the subjects such as Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Industrial Relations & Labor Laws and Compensation Management.
PhD, MBA- HR, UGC- NET (JRF),
15 years of experience including Academics, Research and Industry
1. Currently involved in a Consultancy project of Organizational Climate at Kalindee Rail Nirman (Engineers) Ltd. 2. Completed a Project on “SWOT Analysis of Manav Rachna College of Engineering, Faridabad” as General Secretary of Internal Quality Assurance Cell. 3. Consulting Project on “Feasibility study of Transit (Vehicles based) Promotions in India” during April 2011- May 2011. 4. Consulting Project on “Feasibility study of IT / Technical solution for Power Industry in India ” during Apr. 2011- May 2011
Awarded with cash Prize of Rupees 25,000/- under Research Incentive Scheme for publication of the research • Won the Best Research Paper Award during “Industry Academia Summit” at FMS, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi, U.P. held on 12- 13 October 2012. • Won the first prize during paper presentation on National Conference held on theme of Corporate Social Responsibility at Ghaziabad.
Employee Engagement, Talent management, OB, HRM, etc.
1. Singh, L., Bhawna, (2012). Downsizing with Dignity: Indian Corporations. Case study in Management: Creating & Sustaining Business. New Delhi: Wisdom Publications’ ISBN:978-93-81505-38-0, pp. 15-23 2. Singh, L., Pandey, R., (2012). A Bitter Story: Unrest at Bosch. Case study in Management: Creating & Sustaining Businesses. New Delhi: Wisdom Publications’ ISBN:978-93-81505-38-0, pp. 37-43 3. Singh, L., Bajpai, C., (2012). CEO Murder at Oerlikon Graziano, Greater Noida. Case study in Management: Creating & Sustaining Businesses. New Delhi: Wisdom Publications’ ISBN: 978-93-81505-38-0, pp. 44-52.
Singal, R.K., Singh, L. (2012), “Case study in management: Creating and sustaining Business”, Wisdom Publications, New Delhi, ISBN: 978-93-81505-38-0
1. Singh, L., Mehra, S., Singhal, R.K. (2013). Study of Employee Retention at Senior/ Top level of Management in India Aviation Sector. Aayam. Vol. 3 No.1 & 2, Page 14- 22. 2. Singh, L., (2009). Tata Nano: A journey from West Bengal to Gujarat. Journal of Management Development and Information Technology. Vol. 7, pp. 52 – 59.
1. Gupta, V., Singh, L.B. (2016). Perception of IT Professionals towards Root Causes of Software Bugs. International Journal of Computer Applications. pp. 26-30. 2. Saxena, M., Singh, L.B. (2015). Customer Loyalty through Employee Engagement: A conceptual Model. IRACST- International Journal of Research in Management & Technology (IJRMT), pp. 289-297.Vol. 5, No4, August 2015 ISSN: 2249-9563 3. Singh, L.B., Agrawal, B.,(2015). Study of Students’ Attitude towards Skills Development from the Professional Courses at Faridabad, Haryana. Gurukul Business Review, Vol. 11, Spring 2015, pp. 11-18 ISSN: 0973-1466 IMPACT FACTOR 1.223 (IIFS) 4. Singh, L.B., Dutch, M.A. (2014). Changes in Socio-Cultural Environment and Human Resource Practices. Amity Global Business Review. Vol. 9 ISSN0975-511X pp. 09- 14 5. Singh, L., Subramanian, A.R., (2013). A Study on Practices of Outsourcing and Contract Labour in India. Amity Global HRM Review. Volume 3, ISSN 2250-060X, pp. 45- 51 6. Singh, L., Dutch, M.A., (2012). Organization Culture as Indicator of Organization’s citizenship behavior. Amity Global HRM Review. Volume 2, ISSN 2250-060X, pp. 9-14 7. Bansal, R.K., Bajpai, L, (2012). Changing Socio-Cultural environment & its impact on Working Professionals. Amity Global Business review. Vol. 7, ISSN 0975-511X. pp. 102- 107 8. Bajpai, L., (2011). Changing Socio-Cultural environment & its effect on Working Professionals. International Journal of Commerce and management. Vol. 1.1, Issue 2, 2011 July- Dec., ISSN 2231-587X, pp. 79- 84.
1. Gupta, V., Singh L., (2016). Perception of IT Professionals towards root causes of Software bugs. National Conference on Next Generation Technologies for e-business, e-Education & e-Society (NGTBES-2016) (pp.117- ). New Delhi. (ISBN: 978-81-928380-9-0) 2. Presented a research paper on the topic of “Changes in Socio Cultural Environment and Its Linkages with HR Practices” during National Seminar on “Contemporary Issues and challenges in Commerce, Management and Technologies” sponsored by Directorate of Higher Education, organized by D.A.V. Centenary College, Faridabad, Haryana from7th- 8th Feb. 2014. 3. Presented a research Paper on the topic of “Transformational Leadership: in a contemporary Higher education Era” at Varanasi. 4. Presented a research paper on the topic of “Role of Seamless leadership: in a contemporary Higher education Era” during a National Conference on ‘Transformational Leadership in Higher Education’ organized by IIT New Delhi from 28- 30th June 2012. 5. Singh, L., Singal, R.K., (2012). Transformational Leadership: in a contemporary Higher education Era. Industry Academia Summit: Economic Development through Educational Excellence (pp. 87- 96). New Delhi: Excel India Publishers. (ISBN: 978-93-82062-62-2) 6. Vashisht, A., Singh, L., (2012). Outdoor advertising in New Age Marketing. National Conference: New Age Marketing: Changing Paradigms (pp. 214- 219). Noida: IMS Publication House. (ISBN:978-81-921148-1-1) 7. Tiwari, S., Rana, H., Singh, L., (2011). Going Green in a real estate: a step towards value creation. National Seminar: Creating and Sustaining Customer Value: A path to glory, (pp. 137- 155). New Delhi: Macmillan Publishers India Ltd. (ISBN: 023032275-1) 8. Rana, H., Singh, L., Chander, S., (2011). Innovation and its management in FMCG Sector: An Indian Perspective. National Conference: Success Mantra for 21st Century Business (pp. 235- 239). New Delhi: Excel India Publishers. (ISBN:978-93-81361-13-9) 9. Singh, D., Singh, L., (2011). Innovations at Indian Railways. National Conference: Success Mantra for 21st Century Business (pp. 280- 285). New Delhi: Excel India Publishers. (ISBN:978-93-81361-13-9) 10. Bajpai, C., Singh, L., (2010). Global Meltdown & Human Resources. National Conference: Managing HR Challenges in the emerging Global Scenario (pp. 179- 184). New Delhi: Wisdom Publications. (ISBN: 978-81-89547-74-5) 11. Vashisht, A., Singh, L., (2010). Indian ethics & value systems in TV ad likeability among perspective consumers. National Conference: Challenges for Management & Technology in Knowledge Millennium (pp. 324- 335). Moradabad: Teerthanker Mahaveer Publications. 12. Bajpai, C., Singh, L., (2010). CSR: issues & Challenges. National Conference: Corporate Social Responsibility: not just a payback (pp. 9- 15). New Delhi: Wisdom Publications. (ISBN: 978-81-89-547-75-2) 13. Singh, L., Singh, D., (2010). CSR: introspection of the Corporate Practices. National Conference: Corporate Social Responsibility: not just a payback (pp. 79- 91). New Delhi: Wisdom Publications. (ISBN: 978-81-89-547-75-2) 14. Presented a research paper on the topic of “World class service Delivery” during a National Conference organized by Jaipuria Institute of Management studies on April, 17, 2010. 15. Presented a research paper on the topic of “EQ, IQ & SQ: enhancing Competitiveness” during a National Conference organized by Jaipuria Institute of Management studies on April, 17, 2010, 16. Presented a research paper on Global recession & retaining employees: a challenge in National Conference organized by HIMCS Mathura Feb. 2008 17. Presented a research paper on “strategy of survival rural marketing” during National Conference organized by HIMCS Mathura. Feb. 2008 18. Presented a research paper on the topic “HR challenges in retailing: with special reference to Banking Sector” in National Conference organized by HIMCS Mathura, U.P. Feb. 2007
1. Presented a research Paper, ‘Skill Gap Survey at Faridabad Industries’ during International Conference on Skill Development & Technological Innovations for Economic Growth (ICST- 2015) organized by IMS, Ghaziabad on November 28th 2015. 2. Presented a research paper, “Customer Loyalty through Employee Engagement; A Conceptual Model” during International conference on Paradign Shift in Management and Technology organized by YMCA University of Science & Technology, Faridabad, on April 09th – 10th 2015. 3. Presented a case study entitled, “Energy Efficiency: A case study of Faridabad Small Industries Association” during international workshop on “Bridging Development Divide for Inclusive Growth through Science, Technology and Innovation” organized by DST-Centre for Policy Research, at BBAU Central University, Lucknow, India on 16th – 17th January 2015. 4. Presented a research paper entitled “Changing Environment & Human Resource Practices” During Doctoral Research in International Context (DRIC 2014), organized by National Institute of Food Technology Entrepreneurship & Management, Sonepat Haryana on 29th- 30th August 2014. 5. Presented a research paper entitled “Emerging Changes in Socio-Cultural Environment and its Effect on Human Resource Practices” during International Business School Conference IBSCON 2014, organized by Amity International Business School, on 6th -7th March 2014. 6. Singal, R.K., Singh L., Uppal A., (2013). Work Life Balance and its effectiveness in Global Perspective. International Conference on Changing dynamics in the Global village (pp. 459- 467). New Delhi: Bloomsbury Publishing India Pvt. Ltd. (ISBN: 978-93-82563-59-4) 7. Presented a research paper in Amity Global HR Summit on the topic of “Significance of HRM in the Changing Environment” on 23rd Sep. 2011 8. Singh, D., Singh L., (2010). Going Green: A cutting strategies in service Industry. International Conference: Green Business Strategy (pp. 358- 367). Gurgaon: J.K. Business School Publishing. (ISBN: 978-81-909387-1-6) 9. Singh, D., Singh, L., (2009). Subhiksha- the Survival Strategies. International Conference: New Global Economic order: Challenges & Opportunities (pp. 602- 606). New Delhi: Research India Publications. (ISBN: 978-81-904362-9-8).
1. Delivered training session on “Stress and Time Management, Communication Skill, communication with various sections including media, women, children and other weaker sections” during an advance course on Investigation and detection of crime for Police officers on 29th August 2016 2. Delivered training sessions on Self Awareness & Effectiveness, Conflict Management, Time Management & Building Ownership among all on 22nd January 2016 during MDP for Kalindee Rail Nirman Engineers Ltd. (21st 23rd January 2016 ) 3. Delivered sessions on Self Awareness & Effectiveness, Conflict Management, Time Management & Building Ownership among all on 11th December 2015 during MDP for Kalindee Rail Nirman Engineers Ltd. (10- 12th December 2015) 4. Delivered sessions on Self Motivation, Leadership, Team Building & Time Management for Woman Police Officers during their 3 days training program on Self development and Conflict Management from 18th Nov. 2015- 20th Nov. 2015. 5. Delivered sessions on Self Awareness and Effectiveness, Conflict Management, Building Ownership among the team, on 6 August 2015 during MDP for the Kalindee Rail (Poddar Group) 6th – 8th August 2015 6. Delivered sessions on Self Awareness and Effectiveness, Conflict Management, Building Ownership among the team, on 23-24th July during MDP for the Kalindee Rail (Poddar Group) from 23rd- 25th July 2015 7. Coordinated MDP on “Efficient Self & Relationship Management” dated 23rd May 2014, organized by MRCE. Delivered Training sessions for 25 participants on the topic of “Interpersonal Effectiveness” & “Managing Conflict & Handling Relations”. 8. Coordinated MDP on “Effective Leadership & Winning Attitude” dated 9th April 2014, organized by MRCE. Delivered Training sessions for the participants from 16 different companies on the topic of “Managing Teams” & “Appreciative Leadership”. 9. Coordinated & Delivered training sessions on the topic of Managing Teams, Managing Relations & Handling Differences during “MDP on Effective Managerial Skills” at Manav Rachna College of Engineering, Faridabad from 16-17 January 2014. 10. Delivered a training session on Effective Interpersonal relationship, Motivation, Team building & communication during Supervisory Development Program for L&T from 2nd – 6th march 2013. 11. Delivered a workshop on Case study as “Session Facilitator” at Ideal Institute of technology, Ghaziabad on 30 august 2011 12. Delivered a training session on “Building Appreciative Leadership” at INMANTEC, Ghaziabad.
• Participated in one day FDP on Research Methodology, held on July 16th 2016 at IMS Ghaziabad. • Attended a one week FDP on Participative Learning & Teaching Case Studies from March 31st – April 05, 2016 organized by IIM Lucknow. • Attended two days ‘FDP on Research Methodology using SPSS’ organized by IMS, Ghaziabad, on February 5th- 6th 2016. • Attended FDP on “Advanced Research Tools- Structural Equation Modeling” organized by IMS Ghaziabad on Saturday 4th July 2015 • Attended FDP on “Multivariate Data Analysis” organized by IIM Kozhikode from 15th June- 19th June 2015 • Attended a workshop on “Structural Equation Modeling (SEM): Basics & Applications” organized by Centre for Management Development, IBS Hyderabad on 5-6th Feb. 2015. • Participated in a Faculty Development Program on “Business Communication and Team Work” conducted by INFOSYS Limited at Manav Rachna College of Engineering, Faridabad, from 09th – 12th June 2014. • Attended a Case Writing Workshop organized by Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida, on May 01, 2014 • Attended 3day FDP on Research Methodology organized by Bharti Vidyapeeth Institute of Management research, New Delhi from December 13- 15, 2013. • Attended 2 days Faculty Development Programme on Data Analysis using SPSS on 25th & 26th Feb. 2011, organized by Jaipuria Institute of Management, Noida. • Attended Faculty development programme on the topic of Statistical analysis using SPSS, organized by IMS Ghaziabad, Nov. 2009.